November 21 – December 18
FIFA exists to govern football and to develop the game around the world. Since 2016,
the organisation has been fast evolving into a body that can more effectively serve our game for the benefit of the entire world.
What you need to know about the 2022 World Cup qualifiers
The 2022 World Cup qualifier is the beginning to select the 31 best teams and the home team to find tickets to the biggest football festival on the planet that will take place in Qatar later this year. In the framework of this article, we will introduce to you all the information related to the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers.
2022 World Cup qualifying time
The World Cup is the biggest football tournament on the planet and has a very high following. Due to the impact of the Covid-19 epidemic, many major tournaments have had to postpone their schedule. The biggest tournament on the planet itself has been moved to 2021 and will start qualifying on March 24. The group stage is expected to end on November 16, 2021. Soon after, UEFA will also hold a play-off round to select the teams participating in the final round in March 2022.
Overview of World Cup 2022 Qualifiers
To be able to participate in the 2022 World Cup final, the teams will go through the 2022 World Cup qualifiers, which will be held on 6 continents. According to the World Cup 2022 schedule, the 2022 World Cup qualifiers will start in June 2019, including a series of tournaments and matches organized by 06 football federations on 6 continents. From this continental qualifier, 31 teams will be selected to participate in the 2022 World Cup final.
According to FIFA regulations, the home team will be entitled to go directly to the World Cup finals. In previous seasons, the qualifying draw will be held together, but this year the draw will be held separately by continent and decided and planned by the federation in each continent.
Special features of the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers
The 2022 World Cup qualifier also marks a lot of special things compared to every qualifier in the history of World Cups. Accordingly, the 2022 World Cup qualifiers take place in the context of the complicated development of the Covid-19 epidemic worldwide. There have been many times when qualifying on continents was forced to postpone due to the epidemic.
After qualifying for each continent ends, the 31 best teams revealed will prepare to go to Qatar to attend the final round. The schedule for the 2022 World Cup final round is from November 21, 2020, and ends on December 18, 2022.
France is currently the defending champion of the 2022 World Cup but still has to participate in the qualifying round. Some of the teams that withdrew from the qualifying round include Saint Lucia, North Korea, American Samoa, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, and most recently, the Russian team has been banned from playing due to armed conflict with Ukraine.
World Cup Qualifiers 2022
Like the previous seasons, the 2022 World Cup qualifiers regulate the format of the qualifiers on the continents as follows:
The teams in the continent are divided into groups, each group has at least 2 teams to compete in a round-robin format. However, there is an exception allowed by FIFA which can be played in a round-robin format at a neutral venue or by a participating team as the host.
In the direct format, 2 teams play 1 leg or 2 matches.
World Cup 2022 qualifying results
The following are specific 06 World Cup qualifiers for 2022 that have been held and currently, 29 teams/32 teams have been selected to go to Qatar at the end of this year. The 2022 World Cup competition table was drawn and divided into 8 groups. There is no death table for the World Cup 2022, but there is no shortage of drama in the tables when the number of seeded teams is divided equally in each group. Here are the results of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers on 6 continents:
- Asian World Cup Qualifiers (AFC): There are a total of 46 teams participating and competing in a total of 4 qualifying rounds. Currently, the Asia region has finished the 3rd qualifying round. Round 4 will take place on June 7, 2022, with the participation of the two third-placed teams from the 3rd round, UAE and Germany. The winner will advance to the intercontinental play-off round to face the fifth-placed team from South America, Peru. 04 Asian teams have entered the final round: Japan, Korea, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
- World Cup Qualifiers in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean (CONCACAF): 34 teams are participating in 3 qualifying rounds. Currently, 3 teams have been identified for the final round: Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Costa Rica will enter the intercontinental round to play against Newzealand
- Qualifying World Cup Africa Region (CAF): 54 teams are participating in the Africa qualifiers through 3 qualifiers to determine 5 tickets to the final round including Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Cameroon
- South America World Cup qualifying (CONMEBOL): There are a total of 10 teams participating and competing in a round-robin at home and away to choose 4.5 tickets including 4 direct tickets and 1 play ticket -off intercontinental. There are currently 4 teams that have qualified for the final round: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, and Ecuador. In addition, Peru won the right to compete in the intercontinental playoffs.
- UEFA World Cup Qualifiers (UEFA): the most attractive qualifying round with the participation of 55 teams, divided into 10 groups and selected 13 places to go to Qatar. So far, 12 out of 13 teams have been identified, including Germany, Denmark, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Serbia, England, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Poland. The final European team to attend the 2022 World Cup is determined at the play-off final between Ukraine and Wales in June 2022.
- Oceania World Cup Qualifier (OFC): 11 teams are divided into 2 groups and select the best performing team through 2 rounds to participate in the intercontinental play-off round. New Zealand is the team to enter the intercontinental playoff round, facing Costa Rica.
With the impact of the Covid-19 epidemic, the World Cup qualifiers have never been this long, but after overcoming all of them, the list of final teams going to Qatar is gradually revealing. This June will determine the final 3 tickets at the World Cup final round, remember to follow, and from now on, let’s predict who will be crowned champion at the 2022 World Cup.
Fifa Worldcup News
Frequently asked questions about World Cup 2022 qualifiers
All 210 FIFA member teams around the world are entitled to participate in the qualifying round organized by 06 continental confederations. Any team wants to be one of 32 teams to win tickets to participate in the biggest football event on the planet World Cup 2022 in Qatar later this year.
At the 2022 World Cup qualifiers taking place on 6 continents, the European qualifiers are considered the most attractive. Not surprisingly, Europe is considered the content of world football and gathers the biggest teams, leading candidates for the championship.
According to fans’ predictions as well as a reference to the championship odds for the 29 teams that have been determined to continue in the current round, Brazil is the team that is most confident for the World Championship. Cup 2022.
Qatar is the team that won the Asian Cup 2019 but was not appreciated by fans during this year’s World Cup season. In the qualifying round, Qatar won against India and topped Group E in the second qualifying round of Asia. However, due to being the home team, Qatar can go directly to the final round without going through the 3rd qualifying round. At the same time, Qatar’s position is ceded to the second-placed team with the 5th best record out of the 8 runner-up teams. board.
Yes, tickets for the opening match of the 2022 World Cup are more expensive than those for the other goup-stage matches. The reason is that the opening match will include the opening ceremony of the tournament. As a result, an opening match premium is added.